Genuine copper tiles are meticulously hand‑inlaid and patinaed using an ancient technique that creates a warm, permanent finish. The bright aluminum tiles are hand‑inlaid and brushed, creating a clean, modern look. Carefully preserved with beeswax, True Metals tiles retain their appearance over time. A portion of proceeds goes to support Aid to Artisans.Back to Top
- Width: Tile Size 12" × 12" (30.5 × 30.5 cm); 1 sq ft/per tile (0.09 sq m/per tile)
- Minimum Order: 20 tiles
- Increments: 10 tiles
- Repeat: 12" × 12" (30.5 × 30.5 cm)
- Flame Speed: ASTM E84 Class A
- Backing: Recycled Paper
- Recycled content
- Heavy metal-free
- Installs well with low-voc adhesive
- Metal: recycled aluminum, copper or brass
- Finish: natural wax or water-based coating
- Adhesive used in backing process: contact cement
- Backing: Kraft paper containing 80% recycled pulp, 20% virgin pulp
- Produced in family-run mill employing local artisans practicing traditional skills.
- Scrap metal from hand-inlay is melted down and reused by local statue makers.
- Natural main component in coating is harvested locally from small farms.
- All tiles are dried in an open-air environment.
- Partial proceeds benefit Aid to Artisans.
- Wallcovering contains recycled content. Metal contains pre-consumer recycled material (80% in Copper and Aluminum; 90% in Brass). Kraft backing paper contains 80% pre-consumer recycled material.
- Composite Wallcovering (skus with Copper or Aluminum) contain 80% pre-consumer recycled material
- Composite Wallcovering (skus with Brass) contain 88% pre-consumer recycled material
- Wallcovering adhesive zero VOC content: Maya Romanoff Vinyl-Over-Vinyl Adhesive (MR-RA-555)
- Urea formaldehyde-free
- VOC Regulation Compliant Adhesive
Click download to see full text installation instructions for True Metals Basketweave.Back to Top
- Before cleaning any product, we reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area.
- If necessary, many of our products may be cleaned by blotting the soiled area with a soft, clean cloth dampened with a weak solution of a mild liquid detergent. Dry with a soft cloth. Please contact Customer Service at 800.465.6909 to confirm that your wallcovering may be cleaned using this method.
- Avoid getting the wallcovering excessively wet.
- Do not use cleaners, solvents, or chemicals of any kind to clean Maya Romanoff products
- Wallcoverings made of fabric and natural grasses may be lightly vacuumed for normal dust accumulation.
- Avoid direct, bright or reflected sunlight. Our wallcoverings are not guaranteed against fading or color change.
- Maya Romanoff wallcovering materials are primarily formulated for dry-use areas.*
- *Polyurethane can be applied to some of our products after installation to improve our products' retained beauty over time through increased resistance to occasional or light moisture. This coating is NOT a guarantee of waterproofing. We reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area. Maya Romanoff is not responsible for unsatisfactory results.
- If a product requires more specific care and cleaning instructions, it will be noted on the product-specific installation instructions. Installation instructions come wrapped with every roll of shipped wallcovering and can also be downloaded from our website.