The traditional houndstooth pattern has been utilized in fashion, textiles, and graphic design since the 1800s. Typically executed in black and white to introduce contrast, our Ajiro Houndstooth creates a similar effect using opposing directions of wood grain. Ajiro Houndstooth fits a wide range of design aesthetics, and like all of our Ajiro collections, the pattern is die cut from ultra-thin Paulownia wood, and hand-inlaid onto a flexible paper backing. Cost-effective and environmentally sound, this renewable resource is beautifully stained in 15 hues and hand-finished in our Chicago Studio.Back to Top
- Contents: Natural or Hand-Painted Wood Veneer
- Roll Size: 3.33 yards
- Width: 36" untrimmed
- Minimum Order: 6 rolls
- Increments: 1 roll
- Repeat: 12" W x 12" H
- Flame Speed: ASTM E84 Class A
- Backing: Non-woven backing
- Rapidly renewable material
- Heavy Metal-free
- Installs well with Low-VOC Adhesive
- Finished in the USA (Except Natural SKU)
- Wood Veneer: paulownia
- Adhesive: water-based, formaldehyde-free
- Colorant: water-based, heavy metal-free dyes and stains
- Backing: paper
- Composed of farm-raised Paulownia, a sustainable, rapidly-renewable, fast-growing deciduous hardwood.
- Wood veneer shaved micro-thin. Minimum amount of material to produce maximum effect, making Ajiro™ an ecologically responsible alternative to traditional, bulkier surfacing materials.
- Rapidly-renewing material used: Paulownia wood
- Wallcovering adhesive zero VOC content: Maya Romanoff Clear Strippable Adhesive (MR-RA-888)
- Urea formaldehyde-free
- VOC Regulation Compliant Adhesive
Click download to see full text installation instructions for Ajiro Houndstooth.Back to Top
- Before cleaning any product, we reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area.
- If necessary, many of our products may be cleaned by blotting the soiled area with a soft, clean cloth dampened with a weak solution of a mild liquid detergent. Dry with a soft cloth. Please contact Customer Service at 800.465.6909 to confirm that your wallcovering may be cleaned using this method.
- Avoid getting the wallcovering excessively wet.
- Do not use cleaners, solvents, or chemicals of any kind to clean Maya Romanoff products
- Wallcoverings made of fabric and natural grasses may be lightly vacuumed for normal dust accumulation.
- Avoid direct, bright or reflected sunlight. Our wallcoverings are not guaranteed against fading or color change.
- Maya Romanoff wallcovering materials are primarily formulated for dry-use areas.
- **Polyurethane can be applied to some of our products after installation to improve our products' retained beauty over time through increased resistance to occasional or light moisture. This coating is NOT a guarantee of waterproofing. We reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area. Maya Romanoff is not responsible for unsatisfactory results.
- If a product requires more specific care and cleaning instructions, it will be noted on the product-specific installation instructions. Installation instructions come wrapped with every roll of shipped wallcovering and can also be downloaded from our website.