Handmade Nepalese lokta paper with flecks of mica, Meditations is highly textured with an irregular “honeycomb” pattern. Composed of sustainably farmed lokta and crafted close to where the fiber grows, very little energy is expended in making Meditations. Finished in our Chicago studio. A portion of proceeds goes to support Aid to Artisans.Back to Top
- Roll Size: 3 yd (2.7 m)
- Width: 37" untrimmed (94 cm); 9.3 sq ft/yd (0.86 sq m/yd)
- Minimum Order: 12 yd (11 m)
- Increments: 3 yd (2.7 m)
- Repeat: N/A
- Flame Speed: ASTM E84 Class A
- Backing: Paper
- Rapidly renewable material
- Heavy metal-free
- Installs well with low-voc adhesive
- Finished in the USA
- Fiber: lokta (or daphne plant)
- Adhesive: water-based, formaldehyde-free, low-VOC glue
- Colorants: water-based, heavy-metal free
- Backing: paper
- Meditations™ products are composed of Lokta fiber (with a small amount of mica flake). Lokta is a rapidly renewable material. The plant regenerates to maturity within 4-5 years after cutting. The harvesting process actually helps the forest—if the Lokta grows past maturity it dries up and begins to decay, preventing any new growth. Meditations™ is crafted close to
- where the plant grows.
- Very little energy is expended in making of the product. The paper making process is done with hydro-power from nearby streams, transported via foot and bus, air-dried, and water used in papermaking process is recycled.
- Production of Meditations™ has a positive social and economic impact on the rural mountain community where the Lokta fiber is harvested, and has no negative impact to the environment.
- Hand-finished in our Chicago studio.
- Partial proceeds benefit Aid to Artisans.
- Wallcovering adhesive zero VOC content: Maya Romanoff Clear Strippable Adhesive (MR-RA-888)
- Urea formaldehyde-free
- VOC Regulation Compliant Adhesive
- Before cleaning any product, we reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area.
- If necessary, many of our products may be cleaned by blotting the soiled area with a soft, clean cloth dampened with a weak solution of a mild liquid detergent. Dry with a soft cloth. Please contact Customer Service at 800.465.6909 to confirm that your wallcovering may be cleaned using this method.
- Avoid getting the wallcovering excessively wet.
- Do not use cleaners, solvents, or chemicals of any kind to clean Maya Romanoff products
- Wallcoverings made of fabric and natural grasses may be lightly vacuumed for normal dust accumulation.
- Avoid direct, bright or reflected sunlight. Our wallcoverings are not guaranteed against fading or color change.
- Maya Romanoff wallcovering materials are primarily formulated for dry-use areas.*
- *Polyurethane can be applied to some of our products after installation to improve our products' retained beauty over time through increased resistance to occasional or light moisture. This coating is NOT a guarantee of waterproofing. We reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area. Maya Romanoff is not responsible for unsatisfactory results.
- If a product requires more specific care and cleaning instructions, it will be noted on the product-specific installation instructions. Installation instructions come wrapped with every roll of shipped wallcovering and can also be downloaded from our website.