Textured and warm, Knotted Hemp is processed, knotted, spun by hand—created without the use of chemicals or machines. There is very little energy expended in the making of the wallcovering. Hemp fiber is transported via foot and bus, woven with hand looms, and air‑dried after paper backing process. A portion of proceeds goes to support Aid to Artisans.Back to Top
- Roll Size: 9 yd (8.2 m)
- Width: 36" untrimmed (91.4 cm); 9 sq ft/yd (0.84 sq m/yd)
- Minimum Order: 18 yd (16.5 m)
- Increments: 3 yd (2.7 m)
- Repeat: N/A
- Flame Speed: ASTM E84 Class A
- Backing: Paper
- Rapidly renewable material
- Recycled content
- Heavy metal-free
- Installs well with low-voc adhesive
- Fiber: hemp and Lokta (or daphne plant)—Lokta in Braided Hemp™ only
- Thread: polyester
- Adhesive: water-based, formaldehyde-free, low-VOC glue
- Colorants: water-based, heavy metal-free dyes
- Backing: Kraft paper containing 80% recycled pulp, 20% virgin pulp (exception: Sea Salt colorway)
- The hemp fiber in our Hemp™ line is processed, knotted, spun by hand, and created without the
- use of chemicals or machines. There is very little energy expended in the making of the product.
- Hemp fiber is transported via foot and bus, handspun and woven with hand looms, and the finished
- wallcovering is air dried after paper-backing process.
- Hemp, a rapidly renewing resource, is a fast-growing plant that has been used through the ages in production of rope and paper. Characteristics of hemp fiber are its superior strength and durability and resistance to ultraviolet light and mold. It is considered an ecologically superior material to wood pulp
- as the hemp plant yields 3-8 dry tons of fiber per acre—four times what an average forest can yield.
- Partial proceeds benefit Aid to Artisans.
- Wallcovering contains recycled content. (Kraft backing paper contains 80% pre-consumer recycled
- Composite Wallcovering contains 10% pre-consumer recycled material.
- Rapidly renewing material used: Hemp
- Wallcovering adhesive zero VOC content: Maya Romanoff Clear Strippable Adhesive (MR-RA-888)(Knotted Hemp™ only: www.romandecoratingproducts.com)
- Urea formaldehyde-free
- VOC Regulation Compliant Adhesive
- Before cleaning any product, we reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area.
- If necessary, many of our products may be cleaned by blotting the soiled area with a soft, clean cloth dampened with a weak solution of a mild liquid detergent. Dry with a soft cloth. Please contact Customer Service at 800.465.6909 to confirm that your wallcovering may be cleaned using this method.
- Avoid getting the wallcovering excessively wet.
- Do not use cleaners, solvents, or chemicals of any kind to clean Maya Romanoff products
- Wallcoverings made of fabric and natural grasses may be lightly vacuumed for normal dust accumulation.
- Avoid direct, bright or reflected sunlight. Our wallcoverings are not guaranteed against fading or color change.
- Maya Romanoff wallcovering materials are primarily formulated for dry-use areas.*
- *Polyurethane can be applied to some of our products after installation to improve our products' retained beauty over time through increased resistance to occasional or light moisture. This coating is NOT a guarantee of waterproofing. We reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area. Maya Romanoff is not responsible for unsatisfactory results.
- If a product requires more specific care and cleaning instructions, it will be noted on the product-specific installation instructions. Installation instructions come wrapped with every roll of shipped wallcovering and can also be downloaded from our website.