Java Jute has a modern feel while utilizing ancient weaving techniques. Each strand of kenaf, a rapidly renewable reed, is hand‑dyed before it is woven on antique wooden looms—artfully crafting a surfacing material with subtle and fluid colorations.Back to Top
- Roll Size: 15 yd (13.7 m)
- Width: 36" untrimmed (91.4 cm); 9 sq ft/yd (0.84 sq m/yd)
- Minimum Order: 15 yd (13.7 m)
- Increments: 3 yd (2.7 m)
- Repeat: N/A
- Flame Speed: ASTM E84 Class A
- Backing: Paper
- Rapidly Renewable Material
- Heavy Metal-Free
- Installs Well With Low-Voc Adhesive
- Fiber: Kenaf
- Thread: polyester
- Adhesive: water-based, formaldehyde-free, low-VOC glue
- Colorants: water-based, heavy metal-free dyes
- Backing: Kraft paper containing 80% recycled pulp, 20% virgin pulp (exception: Sea Salt colorway)
- Made in a water-based facility.
- Hand-woven using traditional floor loom (requires no electricity).
- Carbon footprint awareness: mill workers using public transit.
- Kenaf is from the botanical Hibiscus family. It was grown in Egypt over 3,000 years ago and is considered by many to be one of the world’s most important natural fibers.
- Rapidly renewing material used: Kenaf
- Wallcovering adhesive zero VOC content: Maya Romanoff Clear Strippable Adhesive (MR-RA-888) (Knotted Hemp™ only: www.romandecoratingproducts.com)
- Urea formaldehyde-free
- VOC Regulation Compliant Adhesive
- All components used to make this product are made within 500 miles of product’s manufacturing site.
- Before cleaning any product, we reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area.
- If necessary, many of our products may be cleaned by blotting the soiled area with a soft, clean cloth dampened with a weak solution of a mild liquid detergent. Dry with a soft cloth. Please contact Customer Service at 800.465.6909 to confirm that your wallcovering may be cleaned using this method.
- Avoid getting the wallcovering excessively wet.
- Do not use cleaners, solvents, or chemicals of any kind to clean Maya Romanoff products
- Wallcoverings made of fabric and natural grasses may be lightly vacuumed for normal dust accumulation.
- Avoid direct, bright or reflected sunlight. Our wallcoverings are not guaranteed against fading or color change.
- Maya Romanoff wallcovering materials are primarily formulated for dry-use areas.*
- *Polyurethane can be applied to some of our products after installation to improve our products' retained beauty over time through increased resistance to occasional or light moisture. This coating is NOT a guarantee of waterproofing. We reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area. Maya Romanoff is not responsible for unsatisfactory results.
- If a product requires more specific care and cleaning instructions, it will be noted on the product-specific installation instructions. Installation instructions come wrapped with every roll of shipped wallcovering and can also be downloaded from our website.