Flexi Mother of Pearl Aphrodite is a hand‑crafted, flexible veneer of layered round capiz shells, with a stain‑resistant coating. Edges of each tile are scalloped to disguise seaming. Thinner and more flexible than the original, Flexi Aphrodite turns corners and wraps columns with ease, even at an extremely tight radius.Back to Top
- Width: Tile Size approx. 18" × 18" (approx. 45.7 × 45.7 cm); 2.3 sq ft/per tile (0.21 sq m/per tile)
- Minimum Order: 10 tiles
- Increments: 10 tiles
- Repeat: N/A
- Flame Speed: ASTM E84 Class A
- Backing: Non-woven
- Quick Facts
- Rapidly renewable material
- Heavy metal-free
- Installs well with low-voc adhesive
- Veneer: Capiz shell (scientific name: Placuna Placenta)
- Colorant: water-based, heavy metal-free
- Adhesive used in backing process: heavy metal-free
- Backing paper: non-woven
- Placuna placenta reproduce prolifically and are ecologically harvested. Shell collection violates
- neither environmental nor other legal regulations.
- Minimum amount of shell is used to produce maximum effect, making Flexi Mother of Pearl Aphrodite™
- wall tiles an ecologically responsible alternative to traditional, bulkier surfacing materials.
- Certified non-toxic in heavy metals per EN71 test standard.
- Rapidly renewable material used: capiz shell
- Wallcovering adhesive zero VOC content: Maya Romanoff Vinyl-Over-Vinyl Adhesive (MR-RA-555)
- Urea formaldehyde-free
- VOC Regulation Compliant Adhesive
Click download to see full text installation instructions for Flexi Mother of Pearl Aphrodite.Back to Top
- Before cleaning any product, we reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area.
- If necessary, many of our products may be cleaned by blotting the soiled area with a soft, clean cloth dampened with a weak solution of a mild liquid detergent. Dry with a soft cloth. Please contact Customer Service at 800.465.6909 to confirm that your wallcovering may be cleaned using this method.
- Avoid getting the wallcovering excessively wet.
- Do not use cleaners, solvents, or chemicals of any kind to clean Maya Romanoff products
- Wallcoverings made of fabric and natural grasses may be lightly vacuumed for normal dust accumulation.
- Avoid direct, bright or reflected sunlight. Our wallcoverings are not guaranteed against fading or color change.
- Maya Romanoff wallcovering materials are primarily formulated for dry-use areas.*
- *Polyurethane can be applied to some of our products after installation to improve our products' retained beauty over time through increased resistance to occasional or light moisture. This coating is NOT a guarantee of waterproofing. We reccomend testing first on a small, inconspicuous area. Maya Romanoff is not responsible for unsatisfactory results.
- If a product requires more specific care and cleaning instructions, it will be noted on the product-specific installation instructions. Installation instructions come wrapped with every roll of shipped wallcovering and can also be downloaded from our website.